How to Download Mongolian Cyrillic on A Macon December 19, 2009 at 3:26 pm
How to Download Mongolian Cyrillic on A Mac
by Misheel Chuluun
Here’s how I did it.
- Download Mongolian Cyrillic keyboard layout here.
- Go to folder MacintoshHD/Library/KeyboardLayouts. Mongolian Cyrillic Keyboard Layout should be there. (if it’s not there, then do #3) Move it to MacintoshHD/Users/(pick yourself)/Library/KeyboardLayouts.
- Find the layout you downloaded. Make sure you remove the .xml part of the ending, and then Move it to MacintoshHD/Users/(pick yourself)/Library/KeyboardLayouts.
Download Mongolian Cyrillic.This is no longer necessary since the MongolianCYR is already there on newer versions since Leopard…or so they tell me.
- Go to your International settings in System Settings. Pick Input Menu tab (Language/Formats/Input Menu). Check Mongolian Cyrillic Keyboard. (If you didn’t have it already, a flag should appear on your computer menu bar, on the right side, next to your battery reserve indicator.)
- Open Macintosh PAGES. (Microsoft Word for Macs didn’t work for me.)
- Pick Mongolian font.
- Pick the Mongolian keyboard on the Flag I mentioned.
Type in Mongolian.